Submitted by Jennifer Salter on
Here is a lovely vegan pasta dish.
- 1.5 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 lb penne or rotini pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups green onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 12 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tsp pepper, salt to taste
Steam asparagus until just tender, and transfer to a small bowl. Cook pasta al dente, and transfer to a large bowl, tossing with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Blend the remaining oil, green onions, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 cup of the cashews, and tamari/soy sauce with a hand blender until smooth. Add asparagus, remaining cashews and spinach to pasta, and mix in the dressing. Add pepper, and salt to taste. This dish is best served right away.